Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Long Time Coming

It's been a long time coming for a trip back home to St. Jo, Missouri as well as a blog post. Over the next three entries you'll see in no particular order some of my favorite images from my five day trip to the Mid-West. These top two are my favorites. The first just had that amazing texture that you often find in black and white prints along with great gradual tones from black to white. I was impressed with my old D1H. I know my awesome photography professor Tim Frazier would scowl me for splitting the frame but nonetheless I enjoy this photo. Number two is a street scene in KC, MO. After shooting straight frames for the last five years give or take I'm beginning to enjoy the freedoms PhotoShop affords. It's fun knocking some rust off and just playing with the curves and layers in some of these images. The bottom frame is a candid of my grandfather Bob Nash chowing down in a pub in the Power and Light District in Kansas City, MO. The whole trip was filled with laughter and smiles and most of all stories with which I will hold dear to my heart for years to come. 






1 comment:

Brooke said...

That picture of your grandfather is awesome, Drew! Looks like a really neat trip.