Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Almosts

I usually never post images that I wouldn't run in the paper but taking after my friend Trent Nelson I decided I'd show a few of my "what ifs". The reason for doing this is too help illustrate my struggles of shooting a one body 2.74 MP camera during a basketball game. You see when shooting 2- 8+MP cameras you have a combination of lens selection and MP cropping power. In my case I have to pick and choose when I slap a 300 2.8 on. The images you see here are all with an 80-200 whereas in the past I would have had the 300 to my eye. On top of that with no real cropping power let alone with an ISO boost these images simply fall apart when cropping which of course wouldn't have happened at all had I had the correct lens on at the time. You see I'm considering purchasing another D1H to fix the two body problem. The question is am I simply putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound?





3 comments:

Nick@Nite said...

Those are some sweet photos, regardless of the grain. I especially like the wider shot, #3. Lots of chaos going on.

Brooke said...

That looks like one physical ball game. Great shots!

Unknown said...

Hello Drew, I enjoyed your pictures here. I will be back to enjoy more in the future.